Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Yield: 16 Balls | Ready: In 45 minutes
Talk about a yummy little snack! These protein balls are super easy to make and will take care of your sweet tooth in a good way!
I use dates a lot to sweeten food and they are full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. You even get some protein from dates so this is a nice dose of protein between the dates and the collagen powder.
Really love the Vital Proteins Collagen powder! We lose collagen as we age and it’s really the glue that holds everything together in our bodies and keeps our hair, skin, and nails looking great. Collagen also helps with digestive issues, so I have a scoop every day in my tea or coffee to keep my digestive system healthy. Vital Proteins will dissolve in hot or cold liquids and it has no scent so it makes it really easy to use!
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts or other nut of your choice
- 16 – Deglett Noor dates or 10 Medjool dates (pitted and roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (plus 1/4 cup extra for rolling)
- 1 TBSP virgin coconut oil (should be almost liquid)
- 1 1/2 TBSP Cacoa powder
- 1 scoop or 1 & 1/2 TBSP Vital Proteins Collagen Powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP honey
- pinch of salt
- Put macadamia nuts in food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- If using Deglett Noor dates no need to pit, just roughly chop. If using Medjool dates, pit dates and roughly chop and add to food processor and pulse until mixed well
- Add remaining ingredients and and turn food processor on until well mixed
- Prepare a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper
- Place extra 1/4 cup shredded coconut in a bowl
- Using a small cookie dough scoop or a TBSP measuring spoon scoop out mixture and roll into small balls with your hands
- Roll mixture into balls and roll in shredded coconut and place on prepared cookie sheet
- Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until protein balls have hardened
- Store in container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks
(quantity 2 balls)
Recipe by Jackie Caldwell. Jackie is a holistic health coach and self taught chef. Jackie works with clients who suffer from autoimmune disorders such as Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac, Crohn’s disease, IBD, and anyone who needs to improve their digestive health. Learn more at www.grainfreewellness.com and contact Jackie at Jackie@grainfreewellness.com or 913-980-5605. Her office is located at Your Wellness Connection at 7415 Switzer.