Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 11 minutes | Yield: 18-20
- 1 & 1/2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 3 tsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup warmed honey
- 1/2 tsp. organic vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 TBSP grass fed butter or ghee (for dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips or you can use Enjoy Life mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt to a food processor and pulse until mixed. You can easily whisk this in a bowl instead of a food processor.
- Warm honey for about 10 seconds in microwave and add to food processor
- Add egg, vanilla, butter or ghee and pulse until mixed well
- Roughly chop 1/3 cup macadamia nuts and fold into batter
- Fold in dark chocolate chips
- Spray a small cookie scoop with a little coconut oil spray or rub oil inside it and scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet.
- You can bake the cookies round like they come out of the scoop, or you can flatten them. Take a small piece of parchment paper and spray a little coconut spray on it and use it to lightly press down on each cookie until it has desired shape. (the cookies in the photo have been flattened)
- I sprinkled a small amount of fine sea salt on each cookie and added a few chopped macadamia nuts and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until brown and remove.
- Let cool on a wire rack and store on counter for a couple of days. I like these cookies cold, so I usually store in the fridge. They freeze really well too!
From: View Original Post from Grain Free Wellness by Jackie Caldwell.
Recipe by Jackie Caldwell. Jackie is a holistic health coach and self taught chef. Jackie works with clients who suffer from autoimmune disorders such as Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac, Crohn’s disease, IBD, and anyone who needs to improve their digestive health. Learn more at www.grainfreewellness.com and contact Jackie at Jackie@grainfreewellness.com or 913-980-5605. Her office is located at Your Wellness Connection at 7415 Switzer.