Dairy-Free Banana “Ice Cream”
Ready In: 15 minutes | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 1 full cup (2 servings)
The protein powder I use in this recipe is my favorite! It is clean and free of gluten, soy and dairy. For those of you not familiar with collagen powder, there are numerous reasons for including it in your diet. It is very healing to the digestive system and also great for hair, skin, and nails. As we age we lose some of the collagen we have naturally so this is a great way to replace it. You can read more about Vital Proteins Collagen here.
Don’t ever throw out really ripe bananas. It is super easy to freeze them and pull them out for smoothies. Learn how to freeze bananas here.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 scoop or 1 & 1/2 TBSP Vital Proteins Collagen Powder
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla
- dash of fine sea salt
- Additional ingredients that we have tried in the banana ice cream, just add in with the rest of your ingredients
- Healthy scoop of cashew, almond, or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- Sprinkle with dark chocolate chips and or toasted walnuts
- Break frozen bananas into large pieces with your hands and place in a food processor and add collagen powder, vanilla and sea salt. (I think you could use a Vitamix or powerful blender to make this too).
- Pulse until consistency of ice cream.
- Serve immediately as soft serve ice cream (seen in photo) or freeze for a couple of hours to get more of a scooped ice cream.
View the original recipe post here.
Recipe by Jackie Caldwell. Jackie is a holistic health coach and self taught chef. Jackie works with clients who suffer from autoimmune disorders such as Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac, Crohn’s disease, IBD, and anyone who needs to improve their digestive health. Learn more at www.grainfreewellness.com and contact Jackie at Jackie@grainfreewellness.com or 913-980-5605. Her office is located at Your Wellness Connection at 7415 Switzer.