Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream
Prep Time: 2 Hours | Churn Time: 15-20 minutes
If you haven’t ever sweetened anything with dates, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how good they taste and as a bonus, they are full of minerals and fiber. The dates will also act as a thickener for your ice cream making it really creamy.
If you haven’t invested in an ice cream maker yet, I really love the Cuisinart to make ice cream. It is super simple to use and only takes about 15-20 minutes to churn your ice cream and really easy to clean up!
- 1 (13.5 – ounce can) full-fat coconut milk (I like Organic Natural Value)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or hemp milk for nut- free ice cream
- 8 pitted, soaked Medjool dates or 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut crème
- 1/8 tsp. fine sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix or good blender and blend. You could also use a hand blender to mix.
- Once ice cream is mixed, chill in fridge for up to 2 hours or longer.
- Remove ice cream from fridge and mix one more time.
- Pour into ice cream maker and churn for 15-20 minutes.
The ice cream will be a little soft coming out of the ice cream maker so you can eat it immediately or place in a glass container and cover and freeze for harder scoops.
Recipe by Jackie Caldwell. Jackie is a holistic health coach and self taught chef. Jackie works with clients who suffer from autoimmune disorders such as Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac, Crohn’s disease, IBD, and anyone who needs to improve their digestive health. Learn more at www.grainfreewellness.com and contact Jackie at Jackie@grainfreewellness.com or 913-980-5605. Her office is located at Your Wellness Connection at 7415 Switzer.