Paleo Grain-Free Crepes
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Yield: 8-10
When using honey as a sweetener, warm in the microwave about 10 seconds and it will mix into your batter much better. When making crepes, having the right tools matters so you need a good crepe pan.
I really love this crepe pan. It has a granite finish and your crepes will flip very nicely. You can store the crepe batter in your fridge until you are ready to cook your crepes.
- 1 1/3 cup finely ground almond flour
- 2 TBSP Vital Proteins Collagen Powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 TBSP honey (warm honey for about 10 seconds in microwave and it will mix better)
- 2 TBSP ghee, coconut oil,(for dairy free) or grass fed butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, ghee, and warmed honey to high speed blender and blend until mixed.
- Add almond flour, collagen, sea salt and blend until mixed. You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender.
- Prepare a crepe pan by rubbing with a light layer of coconut oil and heating to medium heat
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto crepe pan and swirl until it makes a nice circle
- Cook on first side about 5 minutes or until brown and then gently lift edges and flip to other side
- Cook on other side about 2 minutes or until brown
- Serve immediately or let cool on a wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator for 4 days or you can freeze the crepes in freezer bags. Put parchment paper between each crepe and stack on top of one another and place in a freezer bag and freeze.
From: View Original Post from Grain Free Wellness by Jackie Caldwell.
Recipe by Jackie Caldwell. Jackie is a holistic health coach and self taught chef. Jackie works with clients who suffer from autoimmune disorders such as Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac, Crohn’s disease, IBD, and anyone who needs to improve their digestive health. Learn more at www.grainfreewellness.com and contact Jackie at Jackie@grainfreewellness.com or 913-980-5605. Her office is located at Your Wellness Connection at 7415 Switzer.