Paleo Pumpkin-Banana Nut Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 23 minutes | Yield: 12
Toasting nuts is optional, but I really like the flavor it brings out in the nuts so I think, it’s worth it! See how to toast nuts here.
- 3 cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup organic pureed pumpkin-this is my favorite pumpkin puree
- 1 very ripe mashed banana
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped walnuts (little extra for topping)
- 1 cup love (not optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with baking papers. I like these
- Add walnuts to a small saute pan on medium heat. Stir frequently for 5 minutes and then move to a cutting board to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, pumpkin spice and whisk together
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl add eggs and whisk vigorously
- Warm honey in microwave for 10 seconds and add to eggs
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well
- Fold in pumpkin and mashed banana
- Fold in walnuts
- Fill baking cups 2/3 full and top with toasted walnuts
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until tester is almost clean
- Remove from oven and let cool a bit and then transfer to a cooling rack
- Store on counter for 2-3 days and then transfer to fridge
- These muffins will freeze nicely too
From: View Original Post from Grain Free Wellness by Jackie Caldwell.
Recipe by Jackie Caldwell. Jackie is a holistic health coach and self taught chef. Jackie works with clients who suffer from autoimmune disorders such as Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac, Crohn’s disease, IBD, and anyone who needs to improve their digestive health. Learn more at www.grainfreewellness.com and contact Jackie at Jackie@grainfreewellness.com or 913-980-5605. Her office is located at Your Wellness Connection at 7415 Switzer.