Roasted Carrots and Onions
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Yield: 3-4 cups | Serves: 6
One thing every Nutritionist and Wellness Professional agree on is adding more vegetables into your diet. These roasted veggies are great to make ahead for the week and make a nice side dish for your meals. You can also add more veggies and greens by including them in your smoothies every day and adding more fresh veggies to your salads. The idea is to get lots of color on your plate and we don’t mean from Skittles! We challenge you to add some more veggies to your daily diet this week!
You can roast any root vegetable like this and it is a great way to make veggies ahead for the week. Beets are really good roasted, they will carmelize and taste really sweet. Store roasted veggies in a sealed glass container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
- 10-12 medium organic carrots
- 1 large whole yellow onion chopped into medium size chunks
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp. Herbamare seasoning or fine sea salt
- Sprinkle Fresh ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place parchment paper on a large jelly roll pan
- Wash, peel and chop carrots into medium size pieces and place into a large mixing bowl
- Chop onion into medium size pieces and place in mixing bowl with carrots
- Pour olive oil onto veggies and mix thoroughly. Make sure all pieces are covered and if you need to add more do so now.
- Sprinkle veggies with Herbamare seasoning and fresh ground black pepper and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour veggies onto prepared jelly roll pan and smooth out to one layer
- Place veggies in oven and set timer for 15 minutes. Open oven at 15 minutes and give veggies a good stir. Close oven and roast for 15 more minutes and then remove from oven. Veggies should be soft and starting to brown at this point, if not then roast a little longer.
- Serve immediately and store extras in the fridge for up to 4 days
Recipe by Jackie Caldwell. Jackie is a holistic health coach and self taught chef. Jackie works with clients who suffer from autoimmune disorders such as Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac, Crohn’s disease, IBD, and anyone who needs to improve their digestive health. Learn more at www.grainfreewellness.com and contact Jackie at Jackie@grainfreewellness.com or 913-980-5605. Her office is located at Your Wellness Connection at 7415 Switzer.