Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 3/4 C CASSAVA FLOUR
- 4 TBL SUGAR, organic
- 1 TBL BAKING POWDER
- 3/4 tsp BAKING SODA
- 3/4 tsp SEA SALT
- 1 stick BUTTER, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 C KEFIR or BUTTERMILK
- 2 EGGS, large
- 2 tsp LEMON PEEL, grated
- 1 1/4 C dried fruit mixture, blueberries, cherries, cranberries
- 1 C PECANS, toasted
- 1 stick BUTTER
- 1 C grade B MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 tsp VANILLA
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place parchment paper over cookie sheets.
- Mix FLOUR, 3 TBL SUGAR, the BAKING POWDER BAKING SODA and SALT in a large bowl until blended.
- Cut in BUTTER with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk KEFIR or BUTTERMILK, EGGS, LEMON PEEL to blend.
- Add to flour mixture along with the DRIED FRUIT and PECANS, stir with a fork until mixture clumps together to form a dough.
- Drop 16 mounds about 1/3 C on your prepared cookie sheet, sprinkle with remaining 1 TBL sugar (you could freeze until ready to use).
- Bake 1 sheet at a time 13-15 minutes until risen, tops will look dry and wooden pick inserted will come out clean.
- For the maple butter, In a food processor place all ingredients in bowl and process until well blended.
Can make dough and put in 1/3 C mounds then freeze, store in freezer until ready to cook and eat.
Harvest Scones Macros: (16 Servings)
- Calories: 260
Protein: 4 gm
Carbs: 30 gm
Fat: 14 gm
Maple Butter Macros: (16 Servings)
- Calories: 104
Protein: 0 gm
Carbs: 13 gm
Fat: 6 gm