Open Faced Portabella Egg Sandwich
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
- 4 PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS, stemmed and washed
- 2 C SPINACH
- 2 C ARUGULA
- 2 TBL EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 TBL fresh LEMON, juiced
- SEA SALT & PEPPER to taste
- 4 large EGGS
- 3/4 C part skim RICOTTA CHEESE
- 1/4 C PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO CHEESE, freshly grated
- 1/2 TBL fresh THYME, chopped
- AVOCADO, sliced
- TOMATO, sliced
- Preheat grill or broiler, brush or spray MUSHROOM with EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.
- Broil or grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Combine ARUGULA, SPINACH, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, LEMON JUICE, SEA SALT and PEPPER in a large bowl, toss gently to combine.
- Heat skillet over medium heat spray lightly with EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.
- Crack EGGS into pan cook 2 minutes add 2 TBL water and cover pan with lid, Cook 2 more minutes or until whites are set.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine pinch of SEA SALT, RICOTTA, PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO, and THYME. Spread over MUSHROOM.
- Top MUSHROOM with greens, slices of AVOCADO and TOMATO then finish with EGG on top. Sprinkle with SEA SALT and PEPPER to taste.
If you cannot have dairy, you can leave out the ricotta.
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Breakfast / Brunch