Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb all natural GROUND BEEF
- 1 small ONION, diced
- 4 cloves GARLIC, minced
- 1 small JALAPEÑO, minced
- 1 RED PEPPER, diced
- 1 cans SMALL RED BEANS, Eden brand, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 C TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 TBL TOMATO PASTE
- 1 TBL RED WINE VINEGAR
- 1 TBL MOLASSES
- 1 TBL WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- 1 tsp MUSTARD POWDER
- 3/4 tsp SEA SALT
- BLACK PEPPER, to taste
- 8 WHOLE WHEAT BUNS or 8 LETTUCE LEAFS
Ground Turkey or Bison, you can omit the beans and add 1/2 lb extra meat.
- Brown the MEAT and the ONION in a large skillet over med-hi heat for 5 minutes, breaking up the MEAT into crumbles as it cooks.
- Add the GARLIC, JALAPEÑO, and RED PEPPER and cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Place a half cup scoop on to each BUN or LETTUCE cup and serve.