Vitamix – Almond Milk
Yield: 4 ½ Cups (1l) | Total Time: 7 Minutes (+ overnight soak)
Homemade almond milk is free of preservatives and can be used for cooking, baking, pouring over cereal, or adding to coffee.
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1 cup (140 g) raw almonds, soaked overnight
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in refrigerator. Shake well before using.
If you desire to strain away sediment, place filtration bag over a large bowl. Pour almond milk slowly into filtration bag and allow to filter through, or stir the milk in the filtration bag with a spatula to encourage it to pass through more rapidly. *Note: Almond Milk is high in fiber only if it’s not strained.
This recipe is from Vitamix.com.
Vitamix -Almond Milk – Serves 6
Protein: 4.6 gm
Carbs: 2.0 gm
Fat: 11 gm